Accounting systems are common place with businesses around the UK. These vary in terms of size and complexity. Some businesses still keep accounts on spreadsheets but what could a cloud accounting package provide these businesses that they don’t currently get?
At HW Technology (HWT) we are involved more and more in helping businesses adopt cloud accounting solutions. These range from simple bookkeeping setups through to complex stock and multi-national trading solutions. In each case the companies involved have out grown the on premise systems either through lack of support or lack of features. Many on-premise solutions have limited remote access capabilities which in an age where flexibility is key can become restrictive.
To help outline why cloud accounting solutions could be right for you, we have highlighted our top 5 reasons to go to cloud:
- You can access cloud accounting software anywhere that has an internet connection, so no need to use any single device or be stuck in the office
- The clue is in the name but all the data is stored securely in “the cloud” which means on the supplier’s servers. This provides an element of disaster recovery for your financial data as this is typically replicated across multiple sites
- No software updates need to be applied to local machines, the cloud provider deals with this as part of your subscription
- Lower up front cost – no need to purchase the software in one go like more traditional applications
- Share your data with your accountant. If you get stuck ask them to hop into the system and take a look. No need to send bulky data backups around
Cloud accounting is a great for for some companies but as with everything not for all! We would be happy to provide a free consultation to see if a cloud solution is the right fit for your business.
To find out more, please call us on 0845 504 8989, or complete our contact form.